CLASSIC BLUE MAKEOVER, VERONA, NEW JERSEY
Refresh the first floor living areas of a classic Tudor-style home and incorporate many of the client’s favorite pieces.
Introduce a blue-hued color scheme to link one room to the next. Use a mix of old and new furnishings to create comfortably sophisticated living areas in a clean color palette.
- For the living room: developed new floor plans, expanded the seating area and added a new well- proportioned sofa.
- Curated and reupholstered several of the client’s favorite chairs.
- Updated lighting in the living room with new task wall and table and floor lamps.
- Transformed the dining room with a coat of calming, familiar classic blue. Freshened the room with comfortable upholstered chairs, layered window treatments, and new area rug while keeping the heirloom table and server.
- Added character to the underused library with large scale patterned wallpaper. Newly built blue-gray cabinetry displays client’s favorite books and objects.
- Gave purpose to the small garden room, bringing the outdoors in. It serves as a cold weather casual sitting room and as a warm weather transition to the outdoor patio.
- Created contrast with art and accessories, mixing collections and objects with new purchases to capture the client’s vision.